Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Writer Bug bit me this morning after a long time...anything goes from here

I think rainy season plays a major role in my life to bring out the 'author' in me. Not in a 'world-here-I-come' way but it is more like an obvious channel to express myself through writing. So now that I am here sitting and scribbling I realize my life is unfolding in strange ways.  When I say, 'anything goes from here' I mean I am ready to imbibe all the new experiences and turn them into something more meaningful - who knows what tomorrow brings.
 
Speaking of experiences here's one that made me happy recently! I was back to school with my daughter - well, not quite, but we had to build a zoo together during her summer vacation. My obvious reaction was not joy for sure at the first go and I blamed the school authorities for pushing their work on me. Of course you bet, I kept this hanging like a lose noose around my neck till the last minute.
A dear friend bailed me out from my incessant pangs of guilt, yeah deep down I knew I had to do this. So my pal insisted and we bought all the art work a night before Sharannya's school reopened. And voila! We managed to create a brand new shiny Zoo...with some pretty unique animals there - a pink reindeer, an orange horse, a pink panther even! Sharannya was excited and did her Mamma proud - the exhibit has found a corner in the hall of fame in her school.
All you Mommas out there - am sure you are nodding your head as you are reading along. Our share of fun never stops when it comes to doing project work for your kids. So ending on a happy note when pain turns to joyful moments...am humming a popular song sung by Hanson....enjoy :)
"You have so many relationships in this life; Only one or two will last  
You're going through all this pain and strife;
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast;
And they're gone so fast
So hold on the ones who really care

In the end they'll be the only ones there;
When you get old and start losing your hair; 
Can you tell me who will still care; Can you tell me who will still care...
Mmm bop...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ipsi... beautiful..Love/Ipshi

Ipsi said...

Thanks Ipshi :)...where are u pal?