Friday, July 13, 2012

An ethereal experience


When things go bump in the night what is it that scares us? I believe the fear of unknown is addictive.
Life blessed me with one such experience. The incident took place some 12-13 years back. There was death in the family - my Grandpa had passed away after battling for 3 months with lung cancer. Sadness loomed over though we did our best to get back to normal routine.

Late in the night when we had retired to bed I was woken up by my sister - I opened my groggy eyes and saw her pointing up at the corner of the ceiling above us. There was a distinct egg-shaped light - a light that was not too bright but luminescent enough to catch our attention amidst the other faded or bright shafts of light that came from outside. This patch was different and was moving slowly. We waited for a few minutes in sheer bewilderment - the light came close to us, sort of touched us and faded away!
The feeling was indescribable joy coupled with a suspension of disbelief.
Many years later we had a similar tryst with the supernatural just before my Grandma passed away. We saw the same light in our bedroom - a little more faded but it left us with a happy-sad state of mind.
With so many years gone by I look at this incident with a cherished smile on my face. Analyzing it would probably be a kill joy and will take the ethereal quality out of it. So I am gonna let it be...but will be intrigued to read if some of you have encountered 'the unknown' .... leave a comment here! 
  

No comments: